15 Thought-Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself
For entrepreneurs and CXOs, personal brands and organization brands are closely interwoven with each other and if leveraged correctly, it can strongly enhance each other. Are you leveraging your personal brand to build your organisation's brand and vice versa?
Experience & Expertise
· Have you worked at blue-chip companies or organizations which are leaders in their respective industries?
· Has your past experience any relevance to your current business? Have you highlighted the relevance of the profiles?
· Personal Recognition and awards
· Have you received any awards and recognitions before you started as an entrepreneur?
· Are these recognitions relevant to your current industry?
· Have you worked under famous mentors or industry experts?
· What skills did you learn from them which help you as an entrepreneur today?
(Tip- Share your mentoring stories to enhance your personal and organisation brand. You can also highlight your famous professors.)
· Have you published any ebook/book/article in the past which demonstrates your expertise and is relevant to your current role? Are they part of your profiles and your story?
· Were you educated at a premier school/college/ university/ B school?
(Tip - Add it to the Founder profile to leverage your personal credibility to enhance the organisation’s credibility)
Personal Passions and Strengths
· Do you have any strengths and passions which are directly related to the core area of your business?
· Are you leveraging these strengths/passions in the Founder profile on the organisation’s website?
· Does your organisation’s story talk about the Founder’s story and highlight these synergies?
Personal Values & Organization Values
· How do your personal values impact the organisation’s values, mission and vision?
· Your network consists of people mainly from which professions? As they say, “Whom you know sometimes matters more than what you know”
Aligning your personal story with the organization’s story
· Can you connect the dots and notice the alignment between your personal and organisation’s stories?
· Are both your personal profiles and organization profiles communicating that alignment clearly?
Your story is your brand.
Is your personal story aligned with your organisations story and vice versa? Time to rethink and get going.